East of Phoenix, Mesa, Arizona, is the third largest city in the state. Mi Casa Nursing Center is located in East Mesa with easy access to many amenities in the city. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Visit Mesa provides a guide for visitors to Mesa and the surrounding area, including attractions, hotels, restaurants and events.
- The Downtown Mesa Association gives information on the events, attractions and unique shops in the heart of Mesa.
- The Mesa Grande Cultural Park includes a Hohokam temple mound and ballcourt completed around 1400 A.D.
- The Arizona Museum of Natural History focuses on the prehistoric history of the area and includes a triceratops skeleton, petrified trees and artifacts from the native Hohokam civilization.
- Tonto National Forest includes many hiking trails, mountain ranges and lakes covering almost three million acres east and north of Phoenix.